This video tutorial explains the concept of acids bases using the arrhenius definition, bronsted – lowry lewis acid base definition. It also shows you how to identify conjugate acid base pairs. This video contains plenty of examples practice problems.
List of topics:
1. Arrhenius Acid Base Definition
2. Acids release Hydrogen ions (H+) or Hydronium Ions in Solution
3. Bases release Hydroxide Ions (OH-) in solution.
4. Bronsted Lowry Acid Base Definition
5. Bronsted Lowry Acids are proton donors Bronsted Lowry bases are proton acceptors
6. Acid base reactions with water
7. How to identify the bronsted lowry acid base in a chemical reaction – Examples: NH3, HF, HCl, HCO3-
8. How to identify the conjugate acid conjugate base pairs in a reaction
9. Lewis Acid Base Definition
10. Lewis Acids are electron pair acceptors
11. Lewis Bases are electron pair donors
12. Nucleophile vs Electrophile